Cream and choclate’s in the house tonight
Just heat the double cream for a short time
And it’s gon’ make you lose your mind
If you heat it for a long time
Mix the cream and chocolate just right
They’re gon’ melt together all in good time
Now let them chill so that they bind
I just wanna see you
Easy Chocolate Truffle Recipe
- 70 ml heavy cream
- 100g semi-sweet chocolate chips (62% cocoa)
- sprinkles, cocoa powder, coconut shavings, crushed nuts … whatever you like
- small spatula
- small bowl
- melon baller, cookie scoop or spoon
- I find it easier to scoop out all the chocolate and put the individual scoops on a plate. Otherwise, you’ll get chocolate all over your scoop or melon baller if you scoop then roll, then try to scoop more chocolate out of the bowl.
- I also shape all the truffles first, then roll them in the toppings. This makes it so that the sprinkles (or whatever you fancy) don’t stick to your fingers and you won’t have chocolate all over the nice colors.
- Heat the cream in a heat-proof mug in the microwave on high for 30 seconds. It should be steaming when you pull it out but it should not boil over. Depending on your microwave this could take 10 – 15 seconds more.
- Pour over chocolate chips and let sit for about 3 minutes or until the chocolate has begun to melt.
- Stir to combine. It should be thick at the end and the chocolate should be fully incorporated in the cream, with no chunks of chocolate left in the mixture.
- Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Use a melon baller or a small cookie scoop to scoop out the chocolate. Arrange the individual scoops on a plate.
- Roll each scoop in your palms to shape into a ball. Set aside. (Yes, your hands will be covered in chocolate by the end of this.)
- Pour sprinkles (or the topping of your choice) in a bowl. I usually start with about half a cup’s worth. Put the truffle in and roll to coat. Set aside. Repeat for all the truffles.
- Chill again for another 15 minutes or serve right away.